Amy Skirvin, Principal
Update from WMS/WHS – updated March 5, 2021
- No School Monday March 8th – Teacher Professional Development Day.
- Middle School Parents! Students return in person 4 days a week starting Tuesday March 9th. (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays)
- If you missed the parent information meeting you can see the presentation and google slides here: https://waldport.lincoln.k12.or.us/our-school/online-meetings/
- As more students are returning to campus please make sure to review the student hand book and updated dress code policy.
- Oregon Coast Community College: Lincoln County juniors and seniors can save both time and money by taking required courses in health care (nursing) at OCCC tuition-free (student is responsible for textbooks and lab fees)! Contact Ben Kaufman at email@example.com or 541-867-8512 for more information.
- MS & HS Athletics: Sign up through NFHS to watch games on the football field or HS gym (All Lincoln County Schools have NFHS cameras and some other schools outside the district do too so you can watch away games!)
- Go to https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/ to sign up for an account
- Click on “Subscribe Now” in the upper right hand corner
- Cost – $10.99 per month or $69.99 for an annual pass (click on your choice)
- Create an account
- Once account is created search for your school in upper left hand corner under “Browse”
- All past games, live stream, and upcoming games will be shown on the screen
- Simply click on the event you’d like to watch
- Seniors! Check out all the scholarships, new ones are added almost daily! Please check it out: https://waldport.lincoln.k12.or.us/academics/financial-aid/
- MARCH 1ST IS THE DEADLINE FOR OREGON STATE SCHOLARSHIP (OSAC) COMPLETION. HERE IS THE LINK: https://oregonstudentaid.gov/apply-here.aspx
- If anyone needs help with the FAFSA, they just need to contact Mrs. Krouse.
- OREGON COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE SCHOLARS PROGRAM. This is a TWO-YEAR FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP. Students with 3.5 gpa can apply. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 7. Late applications will not be considered, so submit your application today!!
- At this time there will be no spectators at events. (See District Update) We need to ensure our safety protocols are working properly for the safety of our students and staff. We will be live streaming events when we are able to do so. Check our social media for updates.
- Want to work in education? Check out all the job opportunities in our district! https://lincoln.k12.or.us/our-district/careers/
- March 22nd-26th – Spring Break
- April 9th – End of Term 3
- April 12th – Term 4 starts – TBD HS return on campus
- April 13th – School Board Meeting @ Taft 7-12 6:30PM
- April 21st – Evening Conferences – 5PM-8PM
- April 22nd – No School – Conferences
- April 23rd – No School
- May 11th – School Board Meeting @ Sam Case 6:30PM
- May 15th – Booster Auction – online
- May 31st – No School – Memorial Day Holiday
- June 11th – Graduation TBD
- June 14th – 8th Grade Promotion TBD
- June 15th – Last Day for students
Upcoming Sporting Events: (No spectators allowed at this time)
Sign up through NFHS (instructions above) to watch games live that are in the HS gym and football field – all Lincoln County Schools have NFHS cameras and some other schools outside the district do too!
Find the most recent HS schedules here: https://www.osaa.org/schools/271
Cross Country and Track schedules are found at Athletic.net: https://www.athletic.net/CrossCountry/School.aspx?SchoolID=115
Schedules are changed and updated frequently!
- March 9 – Volleyball @ Toledo 5:30PM
- March 10 – Cross Country @ Taft 3PM & Volleyball vs Taft 5:30PM
- March 12 – Volleyball vs Toledo 5:30PM & Football vs Toledo 7PM
- March 13 – Cross Country @ Tillamook 10AM
- March 13 – MS Flash Football @ Toledo 1PM
- March 15 – Volleyball @ Newport 5:30PM
- March 17 – Cross Country @ South Beach 3PM
- March 17 – Volleyball @ Toledo 5:30PM
- March 19 – Volleyball @ Newport 5:30PM
- March 19 – Football @ Newport 7PM
- March 20 – Cross Country @ Home 10AM
- March 25 – Football @ Taft 7PM
- March 31 – Volleyball @ Taft 5:30PM
- April 2 – Volleyball vs Toledo 5:30PM
- April 3 – MS Flash Football @ Taft 1PM
- April 9 – Football vs Siletz 7PM
- April 10 – MS Flash Football @ Newport 1PM
Have a Great 3-Day Weekend!
Mrs. Amy Skirvin
541-563-3243 x 310 Office