Amy Skirvin, Principal
“Happy Friday!” – updated April 19, 2019
I want to thank all the parents, students, and staff that were extremely supportive and helpful this week. It never ceases to amaze me of our wonderful teachers and support staff that go above and beyond for our students. Thank you to the parents that reached out to me and please know if you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at the information below. Students have been phenomenal in adjusting to classes being misplaced. We will be back to normal on Monday.
Next week OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Association) will be doing an extensive study at Crestview Heights (including the Middle School wing) with the boilers off and with the boilers on. We do not want any students or staff in the building*, therefore conferences for teachers in the MS wing will be held at Waldport High School. *This does not affect Waldport High School.
I am very blessed to be serving your children as the principal at Waldport Middle and High School.
541-563-3243 x 310
Good Things/New Stuff
- Reminder! Conferences are:
- Wednesday April 24th from 5:00-8:00PM in the MP Room
- Thursday April 25th from:
- 8:30AM-11:30AM in teacher classrooms
- 1:00PM-4:00PM in teacher classrooms
- 5:00PM-8:00PM in MP Room
- NO SCHOOL – Thursday April 25th and Friday April 26th
- 5K Color Run for the Record at Waldport Middle School on Saturday April 20. Registration begins at 8AM with the run beginning at 9:30AM on the track.
- Please see the attached brochures from Safe Families for Children, Lincoln County.
- Students may not have any unexcused absences next week to be able to purchase tickets to attend prom on Saturday May 4th. Prom is for juniors and seniors. Freshmen and Sophomores may attend as long as they are accompanied by a junior or senior. Prom is at the Alsi Bay Resort in Bayshore from 8-11PM on Saturday May 4th.
- Save the date! Wednesday May 1st @ 7PM OCCC (Oregon Coast Community College) will be here to speak with sophomore and junior parents about Early College and FAFSA. If your child plans to take a course at OCCC in the fall, you won’t want to miss this meeting! This is also the first meeting to prep parents for filing the FAFSA this fall.
- Free Dental Days! April 25th from 10AM-2PM at Vandehaven by the Bay Apartments 385 NE Grant St, Waldport. May 9 & 23 from 10AM-2PM at Fisterra Gardens 101 Diversity Dr, Yachats.
- The technology department at the district level is looking for input from parents for their strategic plan. If you are interested in being a part of this planning, please let me know and I will have the district office contact you. Please email me at email@example.com or call 541-563-3243 x 310
- Waldport Library Chess Club – Fridays 3:30-5PM for elementary to HS students at the Waldport Public Library.
- Parents: here is a great resource for positive family support: www.prosocialyouth.com there are a lot of different resources for you
- Senior Parent Updates and Fundraisers: Contact Holly Schrock @ 503-428-2666
- Wednesday, April 24th, 5pm-8pm: Taphouse Dine-Out Night
- Friday, April 26th: Paint Night @ Rogue, more info to come…
- Friday, May 3rd, 4:30: Baseball Concessions
- Sunday, May 5th: Dinner/Auction @ the Moose Lodge, more info to come…
- Tuesday, May 7th, 4:30: Baseball Concessions… still need one more helper!
- Saturday, May 11th: Rummage Sale @ WHS…. Start setting aside your clean, gently used items to donate… more info to come…
- Tuesday, May 14th, 4:30: Baseball Concessions
- Saturday, June 1st, 10am-3pm: Can Drive and Bake Sale at Ray’s…. start saving your cans and bottles!
- The Oregon State Sheriffs’ Association (OSSA) is accepting applications for a $1,600.00 scholarship, awarded annually to qualified Oregon high school seniors or current college students who intend to pursue a four-year college or university education with a career in a law enforcement field of study. Applications must be received on or before: May 1, 2019
- ACT Testing http://www.act.org/
- SAT Testing https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat
- ACT Make Up Test – April 24
- First Responder Career Fair – April 24 (MS/HS Lunch)
- Construction Field Trip – April 23 (Mr. Wood)
- Conferences April 24 (5-8PM) & April 25 (8AM-8PM)
- Forestry (FNRL) State @ Hopkins – April 26 & 27
- Early College & FAFSA Information – May 1 7PM
- ECE Class – Templeton to First Aide OCCC
- Prom May 4 8-11PM
- Teacher Appreciation Week – May 6-10
- School Board Meeting @ CVH 7PM
- Joy Club Field Trip – May 15 Yachats
- Emergency Services Field Trip @ Brooks, OR – Fruechte – May 16
- ECE @ OCCC – Templeton – May 17
- Spring Music Concert – May 21 7PM
- Cheer Tryouts – May 20-23
- No School – May 24
- No School Memorial Day – May 27
- Joy Club Field Trip – May 29 Newport
- 10 AVID to University of Portland – May 30 – Ali Spangler
- Indian Ed – Moving Up Ceremony – May 30
- 7th Grade to U of O / 8th Grade to OSU – June 5
- Scholarship Awards – June 5
- Graduation – June 8
- School Board Meeting @ NHS 7PM
- MS World Record Attempt – June 12
- 8th grade promotion – June 12
- 6th/7th/8th Dance – June 12
- Last Day ½ Day – June 13
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Amy Skirvin
541-563-3243 x 310 Office