Amy Skirvin, Principal
Update from WMS/WHS – updated September 17, 2021
Good Things/New Stuff
- WHS Boosters will be holding their first online auction of the school year! Saturday September 18th from 6-8PM
- We are so excited to KICK off the 3rd of four auctions we will host in 2021! Join us on 9/18/2021 between 6-8 pm for our ONLINE auction! Head over to: https://www.32auctions.com/users/new to create an account so that you are ready to bid when that clock strikes 6pm! We will be continuing to update you on ALL the exciting auction happenings! Make sure you’ve signed up for our newsletter! (Click the JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER TODAY) We will share important auction info and much more via our newsletter! We are excited to ‘see’ everyone on the 18th! GO IRISH!
- Vaccination Clinic for Students: Tuesday September 28th from 11am-3pm. Students 15 and younger will need parent permission.
- Fall Sports Photos – Wednesday September 29th starting at 3pm.
- Oregon Institute of Technology will visit WHS on 9/21 at 11:00 to discuss majors at OIT, scholarships, athletics, and admissions. Jrs and Srs were sent a google form to rsvp. If your student wants to attend the session, have them contact Mrs. Krouse
- Pacific Northwest College of Art at Willamette University will visit our art class on 9/23 at 1:00. He will discuss admissions, majors, portfolios and answer questions about programs offered at PNCofA. Jr’s and Sr’s were sent a google form to RSVP. If your student wants to attend the session, have them contact Mrs. Krouse
- WHS will offer the PSAT to all 10th grade students on October 13. Please see the informational letter. Any 9th grade or 11th grade student with at least a 3.5 gpa who wants to take the PSAT to be eligible for National Merit Scholarships should contact Mrs. Krouse to register. There are limited tests available.
- FAFSA Parent Night for Seniors and their parents on September 22nd from 6:30-7:30pm. Please bring your own lap top or chromebook.
- Every week I put out what I call a “Happy Friday!” post to parents and community. In the “Happy Friday!” I talk about good things and new stuff as well as reminders and old stuff. In addition I have an ‘upcoming events’ outline to help ensure parents are in the know and have an idea of what’s coming up. I can also use this as a way for Boosters, Senior Parents, and Counseling Center to get information out. I try and BOLD information to make it easier for parents to scan.
- Crestview and Waldport MS/HS are hiring! Waldport is desperate for Sodexo kitchen workers and custodians! If you know of anyone that is able to work, please send them to the website to apply. The location is listed as Toledo for kitchen on the website. We are also needing bus drivers! (Must be willing to be vaccinated per Governor’s mandate)
Students who are 16 years of age or older are able to apply for the kitchen to work during school hours – and be paid!
- Want to show your IRISH PRIDE?!?!? Consider becoming a sponsor of the Waldport Irish Booster Club! We offer several levels of sponsorship, Gold, Silver and Bronze. At the Bronze level you will have your own Irish Pride Clover hung in the WHS/WMS gym for one school year! These AWESOME clovers are made by the talented students at WHS! To order your clover please fill out this form and we will be in touch! https://forms.gle/RAWBH9qrQJFV2uLt9
For more info on our other sponsorship opportunities please visit our website: https://waldportirishboosterclub.com/sponsorship%2Fdonations
- If you have a smart phone a couple apps that are must-haves are: Remind and ParentVue.
- To Sign up for Remind:
- Text @lcsdwphs to the number 81010
- You’ll receive a welcome text from Remind.
- If anyone has trouble with 81010, they can try texting @lcsdwphs to (929) 244-4680
- To Sign Up for ParentVue:
- Download the ParentVUE apps from the iTunes Store:
- Download the ParentVUE Android apps from Google Play:
- Once you have verified the app is on your device, launch the application the same way you would launch any other app on your device.
- If asked to allow notifications, select Allow. The application will not function without allowing notifications.
- After installing the application and enabling notifications, follow the instructions on the screen.
- A message displays asking you to enable location services on your device, select
- Don’t Allow – Enter the Zip Code 97365
- Tap Lincoln County School District.
- A message displays asking you if you want to create an account using an activation key or if you already have an activated ParentVUE account.
- Select Already Activated and enter your ParentVUE User Name and Password. (the username and password you set up during registration)
- Click Login. If you have forgotten your username, contact your student’s school.
- If you have forgotten your password:
- At the login screen, click Forgot Password.
- Enter the email address or username that is registered with your ParentVUE account, click Send Email.
- Open the email and select the Click here to change password link.
- Enter the First Name and Last Name exactly as it displays in the account. Enter New Password and Confirm New Password. Click Change Password.
- You can also access Student Vue and Parent Vue through the quick links at the top left corner of the main website. https://waldport.lincoln.k12.or.us/
- Senior Parent FAFSA Night Sept 22nd from 6:30-7:30pm in the library
- Powderpuff Football Game Friday September 24th @ 7PM (HOCO Kick Off!)
- Homecoming Week – Sept 27 – Oct 1
- Early Release Bell Schedule all week for HOCO activities in the afternoon, still dismissed at 2:45pm on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri.
- September 28th vaccination clinic here from 11am-3pm
- Fall Sports Photos September 29th
- No School Friday October 8
- Conferences 5-8PM Wednesday October 20
- Conferences 8AM-8PM Thursday October 21
- No School Friday October 23
- November 11th – Veterans Day – No School
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Amy Skirvin
541-563-3243 x 310 Office