Lincoln County School Teacher Selected as “Albert Einstein Educator Fellow”

Posted on April 23, 2020

Lincoln County School teacher, Kama Almasi, has been selected as an Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow for 2020-2021.

Media Release

Fifteen K-12 science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) teachers from across the United States have been named 2020-2021 Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellows. The fellows will spend 11 months serving in a Federal agency or U.S. Congressional offices in Washington, D.C., engaged in the national STEM education arena.

Statement from Kama:

Einstein Fellows work in either a Federal agency or U.S. Congressional office for 11 months. I will be working with the US Geological Survey, which is the science arm of the Department of the Interior. Specifically, I will be working from the Youth and Education in Science (YES) office on a variety of projects to engage youth, teachers, and the public. With the YES office, I will be focused on our mutual priorities of: 1) diversity and inclusion with specific projects; 2) bringing USGS data into classrooms; and 3) building connections to support communities of learners in STEM. While we work in our separate offices, we Fellows will also do a lot of collaboration and learning together. I also hope to stay connected with students and teachers here in Lincoln County School District, providing support with science, math, or even government and history, since I will be in our nation’s capital.

I’ll miss my students and colleagues during my absence, but my dream is to return to LCSD with a stronger sense of how to engage all students in education and increase the number of students that ultimately go into STEM professions.

Congratulations, Kama!